Vitamin C supports more aspects of human health than any other known nutrient. From immune support, to healthy skin and hair, Vitamin C is vital for optimum health. It is the body’s primary antioxidant, an immune system booster and it plays an important role in cardiovascular health. It is needed for growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body as well as formation of collagen, a protein used to make skin, scar tissue, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C helps heal wounds, and repair and maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth.
Every body needs Vitamin C every day. This key nutrient is not stored by or produced within the body so sufficient dietary intake is essential. Sunkist Chewables make it easy to get 500 mg of C in delicious tablets. Choose from a variety of your favorite fruit flavours.
Delicious, chewable Sunkist Vitamin C is ideal for children or adults who want more valuable vitamin C to meet daily requirements and enhance overall health.
Each tablet contains
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate) ................. 500 mg
sucrose, sorbitol, arôme naturel d’orange, dextrose, stéarate de magnésium, colorants naturels d’orange (maltodextrine, rocou, curcuma, silice), sucralose, fruits du rosier, bioflavonoïdes d’agrumes, rutine
- There is a possible interaction between vitamin C and aspirin, with increased excretion of vitamin C when dietary
vitamin C levels are low in those who regularly use aspirin [Graedon, Joe, Graedon, Teresa, 19
- Daily vitamin C supplementation (1000 mg) may increase blood levels of estrogen, impacting on birth control and HRT
medications, and increasing the risk of estrogen related cancers. Side effects may become more noticeable. This
interaction is controversial and may not be significant
- Large daily doses (5 grams) of vitamin C may interfere with the effectiveness of blood thinners
- Stomach acid-lowering drugs may allow bacteria to produce the carcinogen, nitrosamine, from dietary nitrite, which
can lead to gastric cancer. Vitamin C is known to block gastric nitrosamine production
Since vitamin C enhances iron absorption, its supplementation should be provisionally contraindicated in hemochromatosis until the user has been guided by their physician on how much and how to use vitamin C.
- Chewable vitamin C may contribute to dental enamel erosion. Vitamin C enhances iron absorption. This may present an addedrisk for those who suffer hemochromatosis, and for agerelated iron overload in men, women with an early hysterectomy, and postmenopausal women. It may be necessary for some individuals to consume their vitamin C between meals to minimize dietary iron uptake.
- Patients with kidney disease, gout, a history of kidney stones or on hemodialysis, should consult their physician for dosage
information on vitamin C.