Free Radicals beware! If there is one antioxidant that is a must to have, it is the “ King of Antioxidants” Alpha Lipoic Acid ( ALA). Unlike most antioxidants, ALA is both water and fat soluble, making it capable of a broad range of health benefits.
Alpha Lipoic Acid, a fatty acid produced by the body, has two essential functions
1. It is required for the body to convert carbohydrates into energy. For cells to generate their fuel source Adenosine triphosphate(ATP ).Adequate amounts of ATP boost our bodies endurance and strength.
2. As an antioxidant: ALA enters nerve cells offering protection against free radicals, and regenerating other antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10 and Glutathione to their potent and usable form.
Clinical trials to measure the health benefits of ALA have been underway since 1988, when it was first recognized as an antioxidant throughout North America and Europe, scientist have supported the use of ALA, particularly for controlling diabetes and blood sugar levels. Various studies reported that ALA supplementation helps regulate blood sugar levels by improving the insulin sensitivity. ALA enhances glucose uptake, and reduces diabetic nerve damage and its resulting pain.
People with diabetes should closely monitor blood sugar levels during supplementation, and consult health care practitioner regarding use.
- Acts as an antioxidant for the maintenance of good health.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is often referred to as the metabolic antioxidant.
- It is an effective liver cleanser,
- It is also traditionally used to help to balance blood sugar levels.
Each Capsule contains:
Alpha Lipoic Acid………………………………………………. 250 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients :
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin (capsule).
Contains NO: Dairy, egg, artificial preservatives, colours, yeast, artificial sweeteners, wheat, soya, gluten, or corn.
Take 2 capsules per day one hour before or two hours after meal
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes or if you are taking Amikacin, Gentamicin, Cisplatin, Cyclophosphamide, thyroid-regulating medications and Levothyroxine. Do not use if you have thiamin-deficiency, if you are allergic to Alpha Lipoic Acid, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
NATVD.COM ships Organika products directly from Canada via CanadaPost or Express Courier.